02 March 2009

Review: No Reservations


Being in college a lot of what I do is watch movies. My friends and I find that we watch at least one movie per week. Through this we have found ourselves sharing movies we each individually liked with ones that the other have not seen. One of the movies we randomly ended up watching the other night was 2007's No Reservations starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart. I had seen this movie whereas my best friend Christal had not. I found this movie to be refreshing and cute. I thought Catherine Zeta-Jones' acting was perfect and made the movie. The first time I viewed this movie I did not see any of the plot conflicts, actions, etc coming at all. Going through other reviews for this movie I realized that they were all food related which I thought was very cheesy to be talking about a food movie. The food in this movie wasn't the full subject and what everything was surrounded around, it was a symbol and kind of a way of getting all the characters brought together. This movie starts off with Catherine Zeta-Jones' character Kate being completely focused on work and not really having any kind of life outside her kitchen because her restaurant is her life but slowly changes within the first half of the movie when her sister Christine has a wreck and her daughter Zoe is left alive and in Kate's care. At first Kate doesn't know what to do with Zoe and getting to know Zoe's eating habits but with help from Nick, Zoe finally gets to eat some solid food. That brings Nick and Kate closer since they were on the fritz because Nick moved into Kate's kitchen when Kate was taking time off to be with Zoe in her time of need. During the course of the movie, Nick and Kate grow closer and Zoe and Kate also grow closer and Zoe comes to adore Nick. This movie has a good ending but I will say a slow beginning but judging by everything else this movie definitely gets a three and a half out of four stars.