03 March 2009

Review: The Women

Coming into seeing The Women I did not realize it was a play beforehand or even a remake of another movie. The main reason I wanted to see this movie was because Eva Mendes is in it and I love her. I was a little disappointed to realize that even a half hour into the movie Eva Mendes still has yet to be shown. This movie was definitely not what I was expecting but I liked it. I felt like the situations the group of women got themselves into was real and things that people I am friends with or that I could potentially get into myself. I did however think some of the way the ladies handled some things was a tad much but after all it is a movie. I thought the cast and acting in this movie was really well and even though a man was not shown once I didn't miss them. With this all star cast made up of Eva Mendes, Meg Ryan, Jada Pinkett Smith, Deborah Messing, Debi Mazar and Annette Benning there was no possible way these ladies could have gone wrong. I'd give this movie a five out of five and have also recommended it to many of my lady friends.