09 March 2009

Review: Swing Vote


I decided to wait for this movie to come out on DVD because I wasn't sure if it would be good enough to spend money on to go see at a theater. This movie caught me by surprise. Maybe I didn't get the full information about the main characters and what not but I was fairly surprised about the plot, if you will say. Moments into this movie, I was excited because it was set in Texico, New Mexico. My best friend Christal is from New Mexico and her boyfriend and also one of my best friend's is name is Tex and it was just crazy that it was Texico, New Mexico. We even did some research on it and realized it was a real place. This movie was moving. At first I just wanted to see it because I love Paula Patton's work and liked that she was playing a broadcast journalist because that is definitely where I want to go into career wise but after watching it, I was intrigued by Molly's (Madeline Carroll) performance as Bud Johnson's (Kevin Coster) very intelligent mature daughter and I was also really impressed by Kevin Coster's performance as well. You really saw a change in his character throughout the movie. I felt like the end of this movie wasn't the greatest because you never really find out the question you ask yourself throughout the movie but for the most part this movie was good and I liked it a lot. It wasn't all about politics and didn't try to make a reference to our current President situation but it found a path of it's own. Swing Vote was a great movie that kept my attention even at four in the morning.